This blog has moved!

Please join me at: www.heatherleechan.com/blog and there I will share with you my art and life!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Colorful Desert Painting

My dear friend is moving to Arizona...

While I am so happy for her and her sweet little family, I am so sad to be 5 and a half hours away from her. We met in college thanks to her cousin and my dear friend Jamie. We've been there for each other as we've gotten married, had kids, made homes, and lost dear ones.

I told her that when she moved I would paint her a painting for her new house. I was shocked when she told me she wanted a desert painting. I imagined a boring, desolate desert and knew that there was no way I could paint that. My desert would have color, plants, be original, and idealistic.





And of course, after I was finished I wished I could keep it!

It's name is "Jackie's Desert" and it was painted in acrylic.

Till the next time we Skype, dear Jackie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment