This blog has moved!

Please join me at: www.heatherleechan.com/blog and there I will share with you my art and life!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Desk all Painted Up

My mom sent over this desk/dresser since she was making room for a new piece of furniture.

It started off as a yellowy wood color, but after sanding it and painting it with Antique White it looks entirely different! I wanted to change the hardware, but the handles are too odd of a size to buy replacements at Lowe's.

Before:











After:


















And in our bedroom:
 




And SURPRISE!

I painted it the same blue as our wall inside. I used mod podge as a glaze to protect the paint since my laptop will be residing in here. I'm sure that something like polyurthane would be a better choice, but I just used what I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment